Monday, June 7, 2010

Herbert Hoover, meet Stephen Colbert

I went to a B'nai Mitzvah Sunday for Emily Conley. I noticed that one Stephen Colbert was in attendance at Table 4 based on the name tents at the front door, but I had a little difficulty finding #4 among all the families of the 5 Mitzvah kids.

I wanted to introduce myself, also being named after a famous person. Unfortunately, by the time I found Table 4, and there was a chance to mingle, the table had dispersed.

I told one of the mothers of a Bat Mitzvahnt of my plan to introduce myself only to discover that the joke would have been on me. The kids had come up with folks, such as Stephen Colbert and Harry Potter whom they wished were in attendance at their B'nai Mitzvah.

Having heard this, I instantly wished I had made a more valliant effort to meet the non-existant guest so the kids could have a laugh about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment