Monday, April 26, 2010

Kiki, Tulips, & Cracker


I was out on a Sunday afternoon and came across this amazing community garden on 90th Street between Columbus & Amsterdam. I met a clown who was taking self-portraits with the tulips so, as every New Yorker has done from time to time, I offered to take the picture for her. When I walk through Times Square I almost always find a tourist group who would have had one person missing in the photo if I hadn't volunteered.

It turns out that this clown is rather well known! I'm touched by fame having met Kiki. She does face painting and balloons for kids parties. She also does dress-up as the Prettiest Princess. She's been featured on Good Morning America. You can check out her site here: kikisfacesandballoons.vox.com

No comments:

Post a Comment